What is Sons of The Forest?
The Forest's follow-up game, Sons of the Forest, has recently unveiled its Patch 03 update and it is a must-have for gamers. Developed by Endnight Games and published by Newnight, this survival horror game has been enthralling players since its early access debut on Steam for Microsoft Windows on February 23rd, 2023. The latest patch introduces an array of features that elevate the gaming experience with enhancements and bug fixes.
What's coming to Patch 03?
Patch 03 comes packed with new surprises including a phenomenal rideable vehicle called the Knight V (pronounced "Knight five"). This electric unicycle known as E.U.C. allows gamers to navigate through forests effortlessly while adding a touch of style reminiscent of overpaid executives from Bay Area tech companies. To discover this amazing vehicle in-game, players can simply use their Sons of the Forest GPS locator to find it – how convenient!
This latest update offers an impressive new feature - the night vision goggles, perfect for those who enjoy exploring dark caves or traversing the island during nighttime hours.
What's more, players can now utilize solar panels, light bulbs, and wires when constructing their bases, allowing them to build ramps and stairs with greater ease.
But that's not all! Patch 03 also introduces a clever spring trap that sends enemies hurtling through the air upon activation. This provides both tactical advantages in gameplay as well as moments of comedic relief. Additional improvements include increased realism with mutant babies' buoyancy in the water and Mr. & Mrs. Puffton's clothes burning up if set on fire while Virginia –the three-legged mutant lady- has been upgraded to stash her guns when carrying gifts and drop them before engaging in combat situations!
The latest update for Sons of the Forest does more than just fix bugs. It also introduces a number of improvements, such as a logarithmic volume slider and enhanced cannibal evasion tactics. The development team has worked hard to ensure that players have an immersive experience while exploring the island with new equipment like Knight V, night vision goggles, solar panels, and spring traps to defend their bases effectively. In addition, issues related to nomad cannibal families spawning too much or enemies/large animals appearing in player bases are now resolved thanks to various bug fixes implemented through Patch 03. All these changes combined create an even more enjoyable gaming experience for all!
Full SOTF Patch 03 Notes:
- Rideable E.U.C. ‘Knight V’
- Nightvision goggles
- Solar panels, light bulbs, and wires were added to the construction system
- Ramps/Stairs can now be built between a beam and a wall
- Buildable spring trap
- Working armor rack (replaces mannequin)
- Added button/option to delete saves (also a limited amount of save slots to 30 to fix issues with Steam cloud sync)
- Dead babies now have buoyancy in the water
- Mr. and Mrs. Puffton's clothes now burn up when they are burned
- Added security camera model to bunker luxury entrance
- Cannibal lookout towers and large huts are now breakable
- Adjusted navigation areas by lakes to fix issues with stuck animals/characters around edges
- Can now pick up and throw puffy dead bodies
- Dismembering dead characters with melee is now easier
- Adjusted creepy spawning logic in caves, should no longer visibly spawn and should not lead to over-the-top amounts of enemies in caves over time
- Improved some enemy base attack logic
- Enemy damage game setting is now properly replicated to clients in multiplayer
- Kelvin's "return to shelter" command will also return to hunting shelters and beds
- Kelvin can now pick up all types of arrows, visibly carry them, and drop the proper type of arrow
- Fly Swatter and Bone Maker traps will no longer trigger on small animals
- Improved morgue lighting in bunker residential and added some dead cultists there
- Added flower wreaths to some dead cultists
- Added world position fixer to block players going outside the bounds of the world on X and Z
- Added quarter resolution mipmap limit option and set book pages to use it, to prevent them from becoming unreadable at low texture settings
- Set rock, stick, and small rocks to disable colliders when not dynamic
- Fixed player's clothing blend shapes not always properly applying visually to other players in multiplayer
- Tarp and turtle shell will now show their item count in the inventory
- Renamed mannequin to armor rack
- Changed the amount of duct tape required to build the armor rack to 1
- Added shimmy area after the boss fight in hell cave
- Made it possible to leave hell cave if reentering it after completing the game
- The rope climb trigger for caves is now accessible from a wider angle
- Creepies will now be hidden if they manage to wander into any cutscenes
- Virginia will now stash guns when carrying a gift and drop gifts when entering combat
- Cannibal ability to dodge heavy attacks increased
- Increased John2 damage to structures
- Enemies now flee further when scared
- Fixed issue with nomad cannibal families spawning more than the maximum allowed amount
- Fixed more cases of enemies and large animals able to spawn in player bases
- Fixed missing translation on Find the Puffton tutorial messages
- Fixed slight delay when hovering over the exit confirm button
- Fixed some more cases of being able to glitch out of the world using a stick
- Fixed animation pop in puffy male walk aggressive loop
- Fixed some areas players could get stuck in hell cave
- A dropped backpack should now properly spawn if the player saves and reloads before picking it up
- Grab bag should no longer get the player stuck in a bad state if it is opened and closed quickly
- Players should no longer get into a broken state if they begin swimming while performing the refill flask action
- Added a safety measure that if the player somehow gets into a state where they are missing a vital item such as their lighter, tracker, combat knife, guide book, or grab bag, they will be readded when a save game is loaded
- When the player’s dropped backpack is picked up, it double-checks to ensure that the player now has the backpack item
- Players should no longer be able to lose their backpack from using their Quick Select in some rare use cases
- Fish on drying racks will no longer despawn when their max pickup count is reached
- Items on the campfire will no longer auto despawn
- Fixed heavy actor sometimes popping to standing when hit again during hit head reaction
- Fixed Kelvin not stopping trying to fill the holder if a player put the final item in
- Fixed player getting into a stuck state if machete ground attack was interrupted
- Fixed stun baton FX sometimes stuck on when interrupted
- Fixed the issue with there sometimes being more fish than the maximum allowed amount
- Improved logic to better prevent cases of seeing enemies pop in
- Fixed falling trees not hitting cannibals
- Fixed clients sometimes seeing extra GPS locators for Virginia
- Fixed multiplayer clients taking guns with multiple mods from Virginia losing a mod
- Fixed visual issues decapitating heavy faceless cannibal and female puffy
- Applied logarithmic scale to volume sliders
- Add an audio event for animations where cannibals hits their club against the ground
Looking for more SOTF?
If you missed Sons of The Forest Patch 02, you can learn more about it on our blog.